Lesson 6 - Week of September 17
- "It's okay to not know. It's not okay to not try."
- "Failure is so important. It is the ability to resist failure ... or use failure ... that often leads to greater success." - J.K. Rowling
Questions for Discussion and/or Journaling:
- What does it feel like when something is too challenging?
- What kind of attitude should we take on when facing a challenge, and why is that important?
- When taking on a challenge, it's okay to ask for help or to take a break to reflect, like Mojo did! Does this mean we aren't growing our brain anymore?
- Sometimes when we are working on a challenging task, we may think, "just try harder." Is there a way to change this phrase?
- What are some strategies we can use when facing a big challenge, so that we don't burn out?
- Brainstorm phrases we can use to keep us going when facing a challenge (e.g., "Nice effort trying to solve that math problem!")
Teacher Survey - Lesson 6 - Week of September 17
Teachers: After showing these videos to your students, please take the survey. Thank you.