Lesson 2 - Week of August 20
Self-Awareness | Growth Mindset
Trouble downloading? Here are the direct YouTube links . . .
- "Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success" - Napoleon Hill
- "A river cuts through rock, not because of its power, but because of its persistence." - Jim Watkins
Questions for Discussion and/or Journaling:
- Is the effort today worth the reward tomorrow?
- Do you feel threatened by successful people?
- Do you spend more time questioning the feedback you get or taking action?
- You've had a setback. What would you do differently next time?
- On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being "I always have a fixed mindset." and 10 being "I always have a growth mindset," where would you rate yourself? Explain why you gave yourself that rating. Include information from the video to support your answer.
- Think of a specific time when you believe you had a fixed mindset, and "shut down" when presented with a challenge. Describe it. Then give some ideas on how you could have handled the challenge differently.
Teacher Survey - Lesson 2 - Week of August 20
Teachers: After showing these videos to your students, please take the survey. Thank you.