Lesson 16 - Week of Deember 10
What is Bystander Revolution?
- Simple acts of kindness, courage, and inclusion anyone can use to take the power out of bullying.
- Bystander Revolution is a website offering practical, crowdsourced advice about simple things individuals can do to defuse bullying and help shift the culture. No matter who you are or what you’re facing, you can find personal stories, suggestions, and encouragement from someone who has dealt with a similar issue. Search by problem or solution to find tips from people who have been targets, people who have been bystanders, and even people who have bullied.
- Try one of the ideas. Share one with a friend. You can be of real help right away. And if these ideas spread and become habits, it could change the dynamics forever.
Questions for Discussion and/or Journaling:
- What is the bystander effect?
- What are some reasons bystanders might think they shouldn't help someone in need?
- We can break the bystander effect with the power one." What does that mean?
- How can you work up the courage to help others?
- If a situation seems too dangerous to step in, what are examples of other ways you can help?
Teacher Survey - Lesson 16 - Week of December 10
Teachers: After showing these videos to your students, please take the survey. Thank you.