Lesson 14 - Week of November 26
Trouble downloading? Here are the direct YouTube links . . .
- "If you want to find happiness, find gratitude." - Steve Maraboli
- "Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough." - Oprah Winfrey
- Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." - Robert Brault
Questions for Discussion and/or Journaling:
On a daily basis, jotting down what you are grateful for may not feel like it makes a huge impact. It might seem like it just causes you to appreciate the moments more but as you make this a more regular part of your weekly (or daily) routine, you'll begin to notice changes in yourself, in your perspective and in your overall attitude.
- Who are you grateful for? Your parents, children, extended family, friends, loved ones, classmates, pets.
- What around you are you grateful for? Physical surroundings ( such as a house, city or state), external surroundings (such as birds chirping, sun shining, rain falling) or emotional surroundings (such as the love you feel for or from someone).
- What did you do today that you enjoyed? Listened to a great song, spent time with your siblings, walked the dogs.
- What or who do you feel like you need in your life? Your home, your phone, your TV, your favorite pair of shoes, family, friends.
- What do you feel lucky to have that some others do not? Food, water, warmth, family, friends, health.
There are many obvious things we can be grateful for, but you might need to look a little deeper to begin to actually feel that gratitude.
- Tap into your senses: What do you love to eat? To watch? To smell? To hear? To touch? Food, drinks, movies, flowers, music, your cozy blanket, your comfy sweatshirt.
- When did you feel good today? What about that made you feel good? When you presented your project to the class, when your mom/dad said 'I love you,' when your friend called you, when you thought about the upcoming weekend.
- When did you smile or laugh today? What or who made you smile? When you received that cat video from your friend, when your friend asked you a silly question.
- What made you proud today? Why? When you woke up early to work out, when you made it to school on time, when you got an award, when you said yes to something scary.
- What were you thankful for today? For the work you did, the meal you made, the way you helped, they gift you sent, the thoughts you shared.
Lesson 11 - Week of November 26
Teachers: After showing these videos to your students, please take the survey. Thank you.