Lesson 12 - Week of November 5
- "Empathy has no script. There is no right way or wrong way to do it. It's simply listening, holding space, withholding judgment, emotionally connecting, and communicating that incredibly healing message of 'You're not alone.'" - Unknown
- "Instead of putting others in their place, put yourself in their place." - Unknown
- "It's not enough to be kind. One should be kinder than needed." - R.J. Palacio, Wonder
Questions for Discussion and/or Journaling:
- What should you do if you start to feel a powerful emotion take over?
- How was Katie feeling before it was her moment to go out on stage? How do you know she felt this way?
- What steps did Mojo take to stay out of The Maze? By staying out of The Maze, how was Mojo able to help Katie? How can you stay out of The Maze?
- How can we recognize when we're in The Maze and try to stay out of it?
- What does it mean to put yourself in someone else's shoes?
Teacher Survey - Lesson 12 - Week of November 5
Teachers: After showing these videos to your students, please take the survey. Thank you.