Lesson 11 - Week of October 29
- "You've got to train your mind to be stronger than your emotions or else you'll lose yourself every time." - Quotling
- "The emotional brain responds to an event more quickly than the thinking brain." - Daniel Goleman
- "IQ and technical skills are important, but emotional intelligence is the sine qua non of leadership." - Daniel Goleman
Questions for Discussion and/or Journaling:
- Are you a sensitive person? Are you more or less emotional than other people? What makes you think so?
- Can you control your emotions well? How?
- Are emotions ever a problem for you?
- Are you generally a positive person or a negative person?
- Do you find it easy to explain your feelings to another person? If not, why is it difficult?
- What makes you feel sad?
- Is sadness always a bad feeling? Are there good types of sadness and bad types of sadness? Give an example if you can.
- If you’re feeling down, how can you make yourself feel better?
- What makes you feel nervous? How can you calm your nerves?
- What is the best way to deal with feelings of anger?
- What is emotional intelligence? How emotionally intelligent are you?
Teacher Survey - Lesson 11 - Week of October 29
Teachers: After showing these videos to your students, please take the survey. Thank you.