Lesson 11 - Week of October 29
- "If you are tuned out of your own emotions, you will be poor at reading them in other people." - Daniel Goleman
- "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." - Maya Angelou
- "It is very important to understand that emotional intelligence is not the opposite of intelligence, it is not the triumph of heart over head - it is the unique intersection of both." - Unknown
Questions for Discussion and/or Journaling:
- What is meant by brain plasticity? Give an example of how the brain is plastic.
- Many experts believe that questions are a key to self-awareness and personal growth. It doesn't matter if you get stumped in the beginning, or if you don't know the answers to the questions at first. Our minds are boundless. The more you ask, the clearer your mind will be, and the more ready you'll be to figure out the answers. Remember, there is no one final answer. It's a continuous discovery process. Here are some questions to consider:
- Who are you? How would you describe yourself?
- What are you passionate about?
- What are the achievements you are most proud of?
- What are you most grateful for in life?
- What are the most important things to you in life?
- What are your values? What do you represent? What do you want to embody?
- What are the biggest things you've learned in life to date?
- What advice would you give to yourself 3 years ago?
- What are your biggest goals and dreams?
- What do you want to achieve 1 year from now? ... 3 years? ... 5 years? ... 10 years?
- What do you fear most in life?
- What is your inner dialogue like?
- What bad habits do you want to break? What good habits do you want to cultivate?
- How can you change someone's life for the better today?
- Who are the 5 people you spend the most time with? Are these people enabling your or holding you back?
- Who inspires you the most? How can you be like them?
- Who is/are the most important person(s) to you in the world? Are you giving them the attention you want to give?
Teacher Survey - Lesson 11 - Week of October 29
Teachers: After showing these videos to your students, please take the survey. Thank you.