Common Sense Media
SafeSmartSocial.com - Popular (but dangerous) Teen Apps
Links / Handouts from the Digital Citizenship Fair
Bullying / Cyberbullying
Bystander Revolution - Take the Power Out of Bullying
- Circle by Disney - The new way for families to manage content and time across all devices. (Review from LifeHacker.com - "Circle Is the Parental Control for the Internet I've Always Wanted" - Melanie Pinola)
- Torch Router - Torch lets parents pause the internet, set bedtimes, block out bad content and see browing history.
- Net Nanny - Block Apps and Filter Web Content on any Device on any Network ($49)
- K9 Web Protection - Free Internet filter and parental control software for your home Windows or Mac computer. K9 puts YOU in control of the Internet so you can protect your kids.
- The Best Internet Filter Software of 2017 (According to TopTenReviews.com)
- Bark - Your Family's Watchdog for Internet Safety (App)
- VISR - Safer Together (App)
- "Is 'Screen Time' Dangerous for Children" - By Alison Gopnik - The New Yorker
- "Five Things I Didn't Know About Young Kids and Social Media" - By Kara Corridan
- "The More Kids Use Social Media, the Less Happy They Are With Their Looks" - By Hollee Actman Becker
- "Sexting in middle school?"
- Common Sense Media - "What do Parents Really Need to Know About Sexting"
- "Raising Good Citizens" - School A to Z (practical help for parents)
- "Is It Okay to Snoop On Your Child Online?" - By Meghan Miller
- "Is The Best Second Language Spanish, Chinese, Java or Ruby?" - By Hank Pellissier
- "How Can I Tear My Tween Away From That Screen?" - By Yalda T. Uhls, PhD